The government has clarified that domestic cleaners can work in clients’ households provided that all parties adhere to the Government advice at each stage of lockdown.
A Maid in Heaven continue to deliver our cleaning services to our clients, with minimum risk, and welcome new clients, where it is possible to do so within those guidelines.
We also have Agency guidelines to adhere to. These take account and enhance the Governments advice. Our guidelines currently, are:
- Outdoor coat and shoes to be removed and placed in a bag or container immediately upon entering client’s home.
- Soles of indoor shoes to be disinfected, using cloth and spray ideally placed in hallway.
- Hands to be washed at nearest wash point. Continue frequently throughout the clean.
- Home should be cleaned methodically if possible, one room at a time, which should not be re-entered by the cleaner, where possible.
- No-one else should be present in the room being cleaned or, at bare minimum, social distancing must be maintained.
- The room should be well ventilated, at least one window open during clean.
- On completion of the clean in each room, window to be closed, window latch, door handles and light switches cleaned upon leaving room.
- On completion of entire home, cleaner to wash hands, disinfect soles of indoor shoes, put on outdoor clothing, leave dirty cloths/spray by door for client to deal with, unless instructed otherwise.
- Payment should be by bank transfer on same day OR alternatively, exact monies should be left in an envelope by the door. Avoid change being required.
- Most cleaners are happy to wear disposable masks or gloves during a clean, but the client may need to source and supply, unless agreed otherwise. If the ladies wear a mask during travel, they must remove with this and place with their outdoor clothing.
- As a precaution, high contact areas/touch points, such as handles, taps, can be disinfected by the clients upon entering the home /room once the cleaner is finished.
- Cleaning cloths should be placed in laundry immediately. If client prefers, dirty cloths can be placed in washable bag/pillowcase or similar by cleaner ready for the laundry with minimum contact.
- Freshly laundered or disposable cloths must be available for each clean. All product and equipment are supplied by the client.
If either a member of client or cleaners’ household show symptoms, then the clean MUST be cancelled.
The link to the Government website page applicable to domestic cleans is: